Saturday, May 8, 2010

ATM attacks would be demonstrated by Hacker

The bankers, consider this news. A security researcher says that he intends to reveal security gaps of the two types of automatic teller machines or ATMs with ATM new rootkit.

Barnaby Jack was going to expose this in a talk show titled Jackpotting Automated Teller Machines at the Black Hat USA 2009 event. The event was canceled. However, Barnaby Jack is now going to do it in July in the Black Hat USA 2010 event held in Las Vegas.

"The delay is to give an additional one year to researching ATM attacks, and I now have a bunch of new tricks," said Jack.

"I've always liked the scene in Terminator 2 when John Connor street to an ATM, Atari connect it to a card reader and took cash from the machine. Looks like I have a style like that," he said.

Most attacks involve the use of ATM card theft Skimmers and physical machines. Rare attack targeting the ATM software.

"Last year, there is one ATM. This year, I doubled the amount and presents two models of ATMs from two major vendors," promised Jack.

"I will be demonstrating the local and remote attacks, and I will reveal a multi-platform ATM rootkit. Lastly, I will discuss the mechanisms of protection that can be applied by the ATM manufacturer to secure themselves from these attacks," he explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment